Sunday 10 May 2009

Planning essay

Firstly I started out by doing the introduction to a film about rape and murder I wrote out the plot and had a location in mind which would have ideally been a large empty shed or barn with steps. I also included camera angles and suitable props to my planning, I then realised that it would be too difficult to film and make because of difficultly of finding a suitable location that I could use and props and materials I needed for the film. I was also worried of the film turning out to be unrealistic because it would involve violence and some gore.

I came to the conclusion not to carry on with the film project but to swap to making a music magazine, which in my opinion would be easier to produce, but still challenging and inspiring.

I looked at a number of music and fashion magazines and got ideas and commented on what I liked about the images and colours. I also found an example of a contents page on the internet that I liked and commented on the design, colours, title and layout of the page.

I went on to take a few photos of a friend to experiment with different camera angles and see how the pictures turned out and if they were good enough to use to go towards making a school sixth form magazine. Unfortunately the pictures didn’t turn out as I hoped and I wasn’t inspired by the school theme and the idea. As I wasn’t making much progress in the making of the magazine I decided once again to swap back to making a film. Although this time my friend Alice Brown, she offered that we work together and do a joint project as we could put our ideas and thoughts together and create a film.

The storyline Alice had in mind for a film was about a girl who had ran away after having been abused by her father and after living with the pain and frustration resorted to killing him and escaping because of being too frightened to live with what she has done to live alone in a isolated bunker on the coast. Throughout the film the memories come back of her dead father in flashbacks. In the introduction of the film she sees a silhouette of a man who she assumes is her father she panics and runs out of the bunker which gives a good start to the film and makes the audience want to carry on watching the film to see what happens.

For my preliminary I filmed my friends Alice and Poppy using different camera angles, for example over the shoulder shots and an establishing shot near the beginning of the scene so that the audience know where everything is in the scene. I also included a Full shot of the characters and a Close- up of each character to show their emotions and expressions.

The location we are using for our film is a deserted bunker at la Pulente in St. Ouens we feel this would be a good location for the film as it has long corridors and dark bland rooms. There are no lights or electricity, which means the bunker, is pitch black even in daylight, we would bring torches and film in candlelight. This gives the right atmosphere for the film.

The Actors we will be using for our film are Louise Eden to play the girl in the bunker and Jared Tomkins to play the silhouette of the man standing in the entrance.


Alice and I have discussed filming and planned out who will be doing which shots so we each take turns in filming. We will arrange to be dropped down to the bunker each time we plan to film. Our first Filming trip will be on the 29th January, we aim to film as much as possible because the location we are using it difficult to get to.

No comments: